The dental teaching competence is a complex combination of knowledge, skills, understandings, values and attitudes leading to effective action in dental teaching.
To provide a platform of support for faculty by developing a clear understanding of the competences that all the teaching faculty must possess; providing personal and professional support for every new faculty of the profession and individualized provision for professional development of teaching faculty, which should be conceived as compulsory and collaborative initiatives.
- To build up an enthusiasm for his / her speciality and a personal commitment to teaching and learning process, so as to develop both as a dentist and a teacher.
- To improve knowledge and understanding of teaching process in dental teaching learning system by incorporating strategic knowledge of instructional methods and curriculum materials including digital technologies.
- To incorporate attitudes, values and commitment and hence impart character education along with other learning objectives set in the curriculum.
- A formal training for the whole Dental education technology department committee members will be given by the Chairperson.
- Small groups consisting of 10 faculty members in each group from various departments are formed and will be given preliminary training on ICT enabled teaching.
- Monitoring all the theory classes by the committee members and reports to the chairperson.
- Evaluation of theory classes by the monitoring team.
- Corrective measures with the help of qualified trainers.
- Internal Academic Audit.
- Responsible faculty on all educational process of the college.
- Improved teaching methodologies
- Motivated students
- Improved results.